South Oxfordshire and Vale of White Horse District Councils are bringing GO Active Gold activities to many more rural communities in 2017 following overwhelming success this year.
GO Active Gold provides physical activities in rural areas to help those aged 60 and over to be more active. In 2016 more than 1,000 residents from 20 different communities took part in over 70 GO Active Gold activities.
26 new villages are already signed up to host activities next year meaning that Go Active Gold will benefit many more people across the two districts.
People can find out what GO Active Gold could offer their rural community by coming along to a free taster session, including a presentation from GO Active Gold staff, two taster activities, a functional fitness MOT and refreshments.
The free taster sessions run on:
- Wednesday 18 January – East Hagbourne Pavilion – 9.30am to 12.30pm
- Thursday 19 January – Stanford in the Vale Village Hall – 10am to 12.30pm
- Monday 23 January – Abbey Sports Centre – 9.30am to 12.30pm
- Wednesday 25 January – Harwell Village Hall – 12.30pm to 3.30pm
- Thursday 26 January – Wootton Community Centre – 12.30pm to 3pm
- Monday 30 January – Bix and Assendon, at Bix Manor – 10am to 12pm
- Wednesday 1 February – Horspath Village Hall – 9.30am to 12.30pm
- Thursday 2 February – Rotherfield Peppard Sports Pavilion –10am to 12pm
To sign up for a taster session, or for more information, please call 01235 422219 or email email@example.com.