The parcel of land known as Charney Field includes the Bridle Path and the woodland area to the south of the field. The field can be accessed by footpaths from Main Street, New Road and Buckland Road. There is a football pitch, netball post and an enclosed children’s play area. Considerable work has taken place in the woodland area over recent years.
Woodland Project -tbc
Weekly safety inspections are carried out by the appointed field safety officer.
For the safety and enjoyment of all users large notices are placed at all the entrance points to the field stating
- Young children must be supervised by a responsible adult while using the play equipment
- No motor vehicles are allowed on the field without permission of CHAFT
- Horses are only permitted to use the bridle path
- All dogs must be kept under control
- Dogs are not allowed in the children’s play area
- Please clear up your dog’s mess and dispose of it at home or in a bin
- Please take your litter home with you
- Charney Field is regularly inspected, but if you spot a fault or any damage please report it by email to: email@example.com
There is no public telephone in Charney Bassett. The nearest postcode to Charney Field is Bridle Path, OX12 0EW. In emergency the nearest A & E Unit is at the John Radcliffe Hospital, OX3 9DU
There is a Minor Injuries Unit at Abingdon Community Hospital, OX14 1AG.
If you are involved in or witness an accident on the Playing Field, please would you complete the Accident/Incident form found online. Completed forms should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or handed to one of the CHAFT Trustees.